Subnet specification for tinc node as default gateway

Etienne Dechamps etienne at edechamps.fr
Mon Sep 2 00:43:53 CEST 2013

On 02/09/2013 00:28, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> Are you adding the Subnet statements to the right host config file on the right
> node(s)? They should be in the host config file of the gateway node, on the
> gateway node itself. If you use the TunnelServer or StrictSubnets options on
> vostro, then those Subnets should also be in the hosts/gateway on vostro.

(As a side note, this is something I find very confusing: some
configuration options in an host file (like Address, Port) are used by
other nodes and some others seem to be only used by the node itself.
There are even more confusing cases, like the IndirectData option, or
the interaction between Subnet and StrictSubnets. This makes it harder
to know the effect a specific change will have. I would think that,
ideally, all configuration options that are only used locally should be
in tinc.conf, not in the node file, but that's a pretty big change from
the current shape of things.)