Tincd and OpenVPN on the same linux box

Lance Fredrickson lancethepants at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 18:22:18 CET 2013

I run a small cluster of routers using tinc in routed mode, and all my
roaming clients also can connect using tinc.  Sometimes however I have
the need to connect to a particular network using a bridged VPN.  For
this I use OpenVPN in bridged mode, and connect directly to the one
network directly for that need.  The cool thing too is that your can
tell OpenVPN to push your tinc routes, so you can still have access to
the mesh through the OpenVPN connection.