Tinc Log rotation fails

Kassemos, David David.Kassemos at DBAdirect.com
Thu Nov 29 13:58:40 CET 2012

This may have already been addressed, and I apologize if it has, but here is my issue.

I have separated the TINCD log from syslog to isolate the VPN activity.
By starting with daemon with the  --logfile= switch

It seems to work fine except that once log rotation takes place, the daemon does not recreate the log, nor will it write to the new log even if an empty file is put into place.

The only way to re-establish the log writing is to restart the tincd service.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

David M. Kassemos
This e-mail transmission contains information intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. Further, it contains information that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your mail system. Thank you for your compliance.