Tinc 1.1pre3, 1.1pre4 hangs after some time, on win32 platform

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Sat Dec 8 14:48:30 CET 2012

On Sat, Dec 08, 2012 at 03:14:35PM +0400, fantomtk wrote:

> I've tested the new version built from GIT sources, and there were no hangs for over 5 hrs of testing, so i think that the problem is fully solved. Thanks to Guus one more time!

Great!

> So for now, i have one more question: How it was supposed to use the mentioned "AutoConnect" option, which appeared in the 1.1pre4 changelist?

I recommend you just add "AutoConnect = 3" to tinc.conf. The number specifies
how many meta connections tinc will try to maintain. Tinc will randomly pick
nodes to try to connect to. If a large fraction of your nodes are offline or
behind NAT, then it might take a while before tinc picks a node that it can
connect to. You can still have ConnectTo lines in tinc.conf, tinc will always
try to connect to those when it has just started.