Query node status

Andrew Cowie andrew at operationaldynamics.com
Mon Dec 3 23:53:47 CET 2012

On Sun, 2012-12-02 at 23:41 +0100, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> To filter you should
> check the fifth bit of the status field.

Is there any reason this can't be made human readable? I mean, printing
out the bitfield is fine for debugging if you're someone who knows the
code, but for people just trying to use the software,

	... options c status 0018 ...

has never really been that helpful. Always wondered what it meant. It
would be terrific to know whether it meant nodes were reachable?
Bi-directional connection? Actually handling traffic right now?

> I'll try to improve the tincctl command to make it easier to get a list of only
> online nodes.

That is the most frequent use case in my experience, right after "am I
connected to the mesh yet?"

AfC
Sydney