Updating to Tinc 1.0.14 on Gentoo Linux

ZioPRoTo (Saverio Proto) zioproto at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 18:41:46 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm upgrading to 1.0.14

I did some manual tricks in my Gentoo Portage because seems that
upstream Gentoo did not update the portage yet, does anybody know how
to Contact Gentoo Linux to have the package updated ?

Question 1:

I notice in my log file I had many entries like this with 1.0.13:

1307284053 tinc.ninux[15152]: Lost 251 packets from GREG1
(151.28.100.141 port 655)
1307284062 tinc.ninux[15152]: Lost 168 packets from GREG1
(151.28.100.141 port 655)
1307284072 tinc.ninux[15152]: Lost 146 packets from GREG1
(151.28.100.141 port 655)

where GREG1 is one of my VPN clients. I had similar lines for many
other clients. I'm running a tincd network of about 60 nodes.

setting ReplayWindow = 0 will help me get rid of this ?

>From the change log I don't understand if it is better to have it very
big or none.

Question 2:

I don't understand how I can have date and time in my log lines
instead of thos long numbers :) Has it to do with tincd options or
with syslog options ? However in my /var/log/messages I have standard
date and time formats :)
Gentoo runs tincd as follows :

 /usr/sbin/tincd --net=ninux --logfile=/var/log/tinc.ninux.log
--pidfile=/var/run/tinc.ninux.pid

Thanks for now :)

Saverio

PS OpenWRT already updated the package repository to Tinc 1.0.14