tinc detects itself on the VPN due to intermittent connection problems, and dies

Xaquseg xaquseg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 23:06:59 CEST 2011

A relatively recent update (1-2 months) has introduced a fairly major
issue where connection issues seem to cause tinc to decide that there's
another node of the same name on the VPN, leading to it quitting.

It seems that it's detecting itself somehow, through an older
connection, perhaps? The daemon stopping itself is a major problem,
though, as it has to be manually restarted.

I would report this on the bug tracker, but I'm unable to find a link to
one on the website.