IDEA: How to change the mesh without changing config files.

Vladislav dvlad666 at hotbox.ru
Tue Mar 2 16:08:33 CET 2010

Dear Guus and Albi,
thank you for a prompt responses!

Guus, i got it, but... can there be more than one node with the same public key? OpenVPN allows this for example, one pub/priv key pair per many clients. I know it's a security compromise, but servers are usually controllable and secured PCs.

Albi, your solution, given what Guus has said, means that 3 key pairs need to be created at the beginning corresponding to three server/dns records, right? I.e. if i do not want to change client config files, i need to move each server's key pair to the new server if i decide to change it?

BTW, can tinc handle multiple connections between nodes? I.e. if 2 nodes connect to each other using 2+ links, i.e. different ports on one IP or 2 different IPs.

--
Best regards,
 Vladislav                            mailto:dvlad666 at hotbox.ru