Tinc on 64-bit Vista

Peter Dey tinc at realmtech.net
Fri Mar 13 03:04:29 CET 2009

Guus,

Just thoguht I'd let you know -- Tinc works fine under 64-bit Vista!

Obtaining a 64-bit signed TAP/TUN driver was a bit of an ordeal.  It appears
that the OpenVPN guys have forked out the money to get the TAP-win64 driver
signed for kernel modules.

I installed OpenVPN, then installed Tinc -- no problems whatsoever.

The OpenVPN installer does a check to see if it's running on 32-bit or 64-bit
windows, and picks the appropriate driver to install.

What are the chances of packaging the 64-bit TAP drivers in Tinc's Windows
installation package?  I've extracted them from the OpenVPN package, and placed
them here:

http://www.realmtech.net/files/tap-win64.zip

Cheers,
Peter