tinc on fedora core 8

Hanxi Zhang hanxi.zhang at crc.ca
Wed Sep 10 17:36:18 CEST 2008

Hello,

I would like to install the latest tinc software on a
fedora 8 Linux box. I tried the rpm for FC3 from
http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/tinc/, and I
got dependency errors complaining that libcrypto.so.4
is needed. I've got openssl rpm package installed which
uses a different versino of libcrypto, and creating symbolic
links won't solve the issue.

Then I found this article http://www.linux.com/feature/131343
which says there is no tinc rpm available for FC8.

My question is, is there a work around for the
lib dependency issue using tinc rpm for FC3, or I better
compile tinc source package on the FC8 box? I tried
to compile the source package by running "./configure",
but some libraries such as lzo are missing so it aborted.
I am curious if there are more detailed compilation manual/example
besides the README and INSTALL files.

Thank you very much!

Hanxi