MinGW problem - unable to compile - config.log

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Mon Nov 27 14:37:20 CET 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 02:18:59PM +0100, EleGoS wrote:

> I've downloaded the MinGW shell, installed it as descripted in
> intall.txt, and also the gcc-core-3.4.2-20040916-1 and installed it.

You need to install all of MinGW. The quickest way is to download these
two installers:

http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MinGW-3.1.0-1.exe?download
http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/MSYS-1.0.10.exe?download

And you also need OpenSSL, zlib and LZO before you can compile tinc. But
I'm not going to help you set up a complete build environment. If you
really want to and run into problems, ask help from the MinGW, OpenSSL,
zlib and/or LZO communities.