Automatic TINC configuration & launch (win)

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Mon Nov 27 11:33:31 CET 2006

On Sun, Nov 26, 2006 at 01:48:53PM +0100, EleGoS wrote:

> I'm building a VB.NET application in order to setup the configuration
> files of a net (and this is the really easy part of my project) via INI
> file, but now I've got some problems...
>
> launching tincd -n [NET] -K I should insert some variables, and it is
> impossible to auto-fill them.

Which variables do you want to automatically fill in?

> So I've downloaded the source files and opened it. I found the part of
> that code and modified it (simply no scanf, directly the same variable
> suggested by the program),

Can you show me what you modifies exactly?

> and then I tried to compile, but my Dev-CPP says that System.h is not
> a file (in the header part), and the compiling ends there...

I don't know Dev-CPP. You should try compiling it by starting a MinGW
shell and type:

cd tinc-1.0.5
./configure
make

You might need to add extra options to ./configure for it to be able to
find the OpenSSL, zlib and LZO libraries.

> Another problem is device-related: I want to auto-rename the connection,
> but I have no idea on how to do that (even DOS or VB.NET commands). I've
> tried opening OemWin2k.inf, but no luck...

I have no idea how you should do that...