Tinc for gaming

Arjen Geerse rodebaron at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 23:55:30 CET 2006

Hi,

We are trying to set up tinc for playing lan games over the internet.

The three of us are running tinc, can ping each other and browse shared
folders. yes, windows :|

However we cannot connect because we don't show up in the game lobby.

The games usually require udp ports to be open, but I think these are all
open once we establish the tinc tunnel.

Also, testing with all computers in the DMZ did not solve our problem.

Does anyone have ideas as to what more we can try to make this work?

Many thanks in advance,

Arjen

PS we tried hamachi.cc but it is way too slow.