Tinc and multi-netname setting on single machines with 1 ethernet card

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Fri Feb 10 18:03:40 CET 2006

greetings All,

I have been reading over the Tinc manual and have become very interested
in the "4.2 Multiple Networks" section of the manual.

In particular, I am wondering if I read this correctly in that by using:

`-n, --net=netname'
   Use configuration for net netname.

then I can have multiple daemons running on the same machine.

If I have 3 machines A, B, and C with A being my multiple tinc daemon
machine with connections being (A and C on netname1) and (A and B
netname2) then would I presume that traffic from C would only be see at
A and traffice from B would also only be seen at A, but however traffic
coming from A would be sent off to both netname1 and netname2 networks
thus allowing B and C to see traffic coming from A, right?

Please clarify this for me if some one could.

--
Sincerely and have a good day,

Lonnie T. Cumberland

Email: Lonnie at outstep.com