Painfully slow under windows

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Wed Aug 31 18:48:35 CEST 2005

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 09:30:46PM -0700, Hansong Huang wrote:

> I did some testing on the speed. found tinc under windows is
> paintfully slow, particularly, it is paintfully slow to transfer
> anything from the windows machine.
[...]
> the same happens to both machines, and the speed results are very
> consistant. So my question is : Is the windows daemon or driver so
> much slower? or I did something wrong?

More people have reported that tinc feels slow under Windows. It seems
to help if you increase the priority of the tincd.exe process. I guess
it is the interaction between the daemon and the driver that is slower
under Windows, but I don't know the real cause.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>