Address Variabme for Roadwarriors]

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at neenet.com
Mon Oct 25 13:38:30 CEST 2004

Thanks again Guus,

I think I understand and hopefully have been able to explain a little
clearer what I am trying to do. I really appreciate all of your patience.

Just so that we are talking about the same thing here as actually we
could think if it like this.

       R (VPN DNS+DHCP Server)
      /  \
    A  B
         / \
       C  D

Where A, B, C, D are all roadwarriors and I want to allow A, B to
connect to R (Office VPN DNS+DHCP Server to issue 10.x.x.x IP Addresses
to A,B,C,D,.....

Now then C,D (Also roadwarriors) need to be able to "ConnectTo" B
(roadwarrior) as well and "B" does not use DynDNS service.

So with this design, the DHCP server will lease 10.x.x.x IP addresses to
A,B,C,D when the bring up their tincd nodes and then the DNS will allow
roadwarriors (C,D)  to "ConnectTo" roadwarrior (B).

The reason for this is also that node (B) may disconnect from the office
Server (R) at some time. and thus there would be a small vpn network
made up of B,C,D nodes.

This is the design that I am shooting for.

Thanks again,
Lonnie