user-mode tinc?

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 18:00:09 CEST 2004

Is anyone working on a completely user-mode tinc?  My
situation is that I have administrative control over part of
my network but I also have nodes that live in virtual machines
and in simple user accounts where I can create TCP
connections and high-port listening sockets all I please, but I don't
have access beyond that, and I would like to
run a user-mode tinc daemon in those accounts to
access a tinc VPN.

it may be that multiplexing the connections over SSH
rather than using a lower level of abstraction is what
I've got to do.

thanks for listening

--
David L Nicol
transportation infrastructure technology contracting since 2002