capabilities of Tinc?

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Tue Oct 19 19:59:09 CEST 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 11:58:11AM -0500, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:

> As far as the groups are concerned.  If I have 2 different networks and
> a third node connect to both of them as well to become a member of both
> groups? Would this also mean that the IP's on each network could not
> conflict?

It depends on how you assign your IP addresses. If you assign distinct
subnets to the different groups, the you won't have any problem. If both
networks share the same subnet, then you have to make sure not two
different members get the same address, but on the other hand, one member
connecting to both groups can use the same address on both networks in
that case.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>