Problems in executing tinc

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Mon Oct 18 08:33:58 CEST 2004

On Sun, Oct 17, 2004 at 08:51:47PM -0400, Moganakrishnan S Rathakrishnan wrote:

> 4.I got the keys generated and everything. then i gave tincd
> -n netname for running ur software. but I didnt get anything
> after that.

It could be this problem:

http://www.tinc-vpn.org/faq#doesntstart

> 5.I dont know what exactly happens. I assumed that netname is
> the folder which has tinc-up ,rsa_key.priv and tinc.conf files.

This is explained slightly better in the manpage than in the manual:

http://www.tinc-vpn.org/documentation/tinc.conf.5

> 6.Can you just elaborate whether there is any mistake on my
> part in running the software or is it anything else to be
> done. I also want to know what is exactly happening how tunnel
> is established.

It could be the problem I mentioned above, otherwise please send all the
information mentioned here:

http://www.tinc-vpn.org/documentation/tinc_5.html#SEC62

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>