Problems in executing tinc

Moganakrishnan S Rathakrishnan mogan at wayne.edu
Mon Oct 18 02:51:47 CEST 2004

Hello sir,

I am a research student at Wayne State Univ. I tried to set up
a VPN for my research purpose. So i downloaded your software
from the net. I followed the manual that I got from ur site.

1. I wanted to create a vpn between 2 computers.

2.I was successful in installing ur software on both of them.
3. I configured following your manual. I assumed that The IP
address that we specify in tinc-up file is that of dest. comp.

4.I got the keys generated and everything. then i gave tincd
-n netname for running ur software. but I didnt get anything
after that.

5.I dont know what exactly happens. I assumed that netname is
the folder which has tinc-up ,rsa_key.priv and tinc.conf files.

6.Can you just elaborate whether there is any mistake on my
part in running the software or is it anything else to be
done. I also want to know what is exactly happening how tunnel
is established.

Thanks,
Moganakrishnan

P.S: DO reply this mail as I am waiting for it to go on with
my project