Performance problems on solaris x86

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Thu May 20 21:56:24 CEST 2004

On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 12:33:14PM -0700, Jason wrote:

> I'm curious to know if the increased priority of tincd helps and if so, how
> much. I don't think I've tried that.

Well I suspect packets arriving at the TAP-Win32 device are not
buffered, and if tinc doesn't read a waiting packet soon enough, any
other packet that arrives gets dropped. If tinc runs with a higher
priority, it has a better chance of reading packets in time.

On the other hand, I installed tinc on several Windows machines, and
while it's not lightning fast, it performed reasonably well. Martin's
problem might have a different cause. But I wouldn't know what.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>