wireless vpn + nat

Alin-Adrian Anton aanton at reversedhell.net
Fri Nov 28 22:51:32 CET 2003

Guus Sliepen wrote:

>[...]
>

>>root at fire:/usr/local/etc/tinc/hosts# cat firewall
>>Address = 10.0.1.1
>>Subnet = 10.0.2.0/24
>>

>You should add "Subnet = 0.0.0.0/0" here.
>

>>2) On the windows 2000 side:
>>

>This side is probably the problem. You have to add a default route to
>the VPN interface. But if you do that, tinc's own traffic will be sent
>to the VPN interface as well! You have to add another route, just to the
>linux router, for tinc's traffic to be sent via the real network. You
>should be able to do so with the netsh command.

Allright, now it finally works. I am really gratefull to you for this.

There is however a slightly different problem. And weird.

I can ping any IP on the internet, via the VPN.
I can use nslookup tool to query my DNS servers over the VPN. For
instance, "nslookup www.hotmail.com" resolves correctly. BUT, if I try
"ping www.hotmail.com" I get "host unknown" message. If I try to
directly ping the IP of hotmail.com it works smoothly.

How about this? I really start to love this M$ stuff.

Regards,
Alin.

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/