wireless vpn + nat

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Thu Nov 27 22:10:03 CET 2003

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 10:11:04PM +0200, Alin-Adrian Anton wrote:

> >>still the same. VPN is working, but I cannot ping internet sites. Is it
> >>possible to ping them through tinc? I tried subnet = 0.0.0.0, not working.
[...]
> root at fire:/usr/local/etc/tinc/hosts# cat firewall
> Address = 10.0.1.1
> Subnet = 10.0.2.0/24

You should add "Subnet = 0.0.0.0/0" here.

> 2) On the windows 2000 side:

This side is probably the problem. You have to add a default route to
the VPN interface. But if you do that, tinc's own traffic will be sent
to the VPN interface as well! You have to add another route, just to the
linux router, for tinc's traffic to be sent via the real network. You
should be able to do so with the netsh command.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>