tinc bug (bogus connection)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba-tng.org
Thu Nov 6 19:10:30 CET 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 10:25:53AM +0100, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 01:31:18AM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>
> > i just compiled latest cvs: the bug is still there.
>
> Which branch did you check out? You should use the CABAL branch.

 oh, poot, _now_ he tells me :)

> > the diffs i have against what i got from cvs and what is
> > debian 1.0.2_2 show that the only significant addition
> > is of an AF_UNKNOWN and its use, and the use of a tinc-
> > defined sockaddrfree (and copy?)
>
> 1.0.2_2? Our latest release is 1.0.1, so that can't be true.

 the _2 is a debian thing: it means the maintainer's second
 published repackaging attempt of the N.N.N (in this case 1.0.1)
 developer's

> > ... but i am still back to square one on the actual packet
> > routing:
> >
> > "Cannot route packet: unknown IPv4 destination address 192.168.1.201"
>
> That means you are missing a Subnet statement that covers that address.

 yes, i sort-of figured that out, sort-of.

 by switching off the security, i get a subnet added (but still no
 data routed).

 i'll get the CABAL branch...

 will get there in the end, i swear, or die trying.

 l.

Tinc site:    http://tinc.nl.linux.org/