tinc bug (bogus connection)

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Thu Nov 6 17:51:27 CET 2003

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 06:10:30PM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > Which branch did you check out? You should use the CABAL branch.
>
>  oh, poot, _now_ he tells me :)

Well it says on the homepage that CABAL is the development branch... :)

> > 1.0.2_2? Our latest release is 1.0.1, so that can't be true.
>
>  the _2 is a debian thing: it means the maintainer's second
>  published repackaging attempt of the N.N.N (in this case 1.0.1)
>  developer's

Well the first part, 1.0.2, is bogus because it hasn't been released,
and second of all, the debian revision is separated from the upstream
version number by a dash (-), not an underscore (_).

> > > "Cannot route packet: unknown IPv4 destination address 192.168.1.201"
> >
> > That means you are missing a Subnet statement that covers that address.
>
>  yes, i sort-of figured that out, sort-of.
>
>  by switching off the security, i get a subnet added (but still no
>  data routed).

What do you mean, switching off the security?

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>