Tinc routes ?

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Mon Mar 17 16:43:57 CET 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 02:11:41PM +0200, Kostadin Galabov wrote:

> this is not a problem, but more explaination. I have four networks
> connected via tinc - A, B, C and D. B, C and D connect to A. What is odd
> to me is that B and C communicate directly (without going to A); while
> all communication to D network goes via A. When I turned more verbose
> logging on tinc, I show a line like this: "adding route to VPN_NAME vi
> MASTER_VPN_NAME". Why does it happening ?

Which version of tinc are you using and could you cut&paste the exact
line you see in your syslog? I can't remember tinc reporting such
messages...

Anyway, tinc will not route packets directly if you specify TCPonly or
IndirectData in one of the configuration files. It will also route
indirectly if it thinks there is no direct route because one host has
multiple connections to other tinc daemons but those connections have
different source addresses.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>