configuration using dhcp

Tom Lopolito tom at lopolito.com
Fri Aug 22 04:18:03 CEST 2003

How fo I configure my tinc-up and host file,(mine called remote), for a
dhcp assgned address?
current configuration:
tinc-up:

ifconfig $INTERFACE hw ether fe:fd:00:00:00:00

hosts/remote:

address = ?????
sunnet = 10.5.11.0/24
RSA ket stuff here

Since the hostname of the laptop isn't in the etc/hosts file with a
static IP I can't use it and since I don't know the IP address I can't
use that either. Is the solution to find out what the ip address is each
time I plug into a new location and then manually enter it into the file
or is there some other mechinism?

My server does not have a tinc-up file,(do I really need it?) but the
hosts/home file looks like this:
address = 24.213.34.43
subnet = 10.5.11.0/24

thanks,