Darwin binary

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Sat Aug 9 22:36:30 CEST 2003

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 09:27:32PM +0100, Tincer wrote:

> Download of the binary yielded a file "tincd-1.0-darwin-powerpc-dynamic"
> This file is not recognized by the OS X installer, apparently it is
> not a package.

No, it is just a binary. Start a shell, go to the directory where you
put the binary, and run:

./tincd-1.0-darwin-powerpc-dynamic --help

> I am well familiar with the Mac (GUI), have some basic knowledge in
> Unix and networking, and no experience with compiling source code.
> Therefore I would like to use the binary.

Unfortunately we cannot create packages for all operating systems
ourselves. We provide static binaries as a proof that it can be compiled
on a platform, and to help people out who have trouble compiling, but
they are not supported.

There is a packaging request for tinc for the Fink distribution:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=567971&group_id=17203&atid=371315

Unfortunately they're not working on it. You could try to contact the
Fink developers and tell them you're interested in a tinc package.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>