tinc vs. ipchains masquerading

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at larsshack.org
Tue Mar 5 04:59:26 CET 2002

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Fredrik Björk wrote:

> >One end of the vpn is behind a masquerading firewall, so outbound
> >packets from my house get rewritten at the firewall.  I haven't yet
> >figured out a way around this problem.
>
> One way to get around it is to upgrade to kernel 2.4 and use iptables which
> doesn't change the source port unless necessary.

Just so that it's absolutely clear and in the mail archive and all, is it
fair to say that tinc, as currently implemented, will *not* work through an
ipchains based firewall?

That's the impression I've gotten from the responses I've received so far,
but I'd like to verify this authoritatively.

Cheers,

  -- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at larsshack.org>