Connection established, but no data transfer...

Gerard W. Patterson gerry.patterson at computalog.com
Wed Jan 23 00:30:18 CET 2002

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 10:54:01PM +0100, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:34:23PM +0100, Guus Sliepen wrote:
>
> > > Jan 21 15:52:31 penguin126 tinc.testvpn[2682]: Read packet of 0 bytes from Linux ethertap device
> >
> > Ok, reading 0 bytes definitely shouldn't happen. I know where to look
> > now!
>
> Fixed in CVS.
>
> > > Some other things to note.  I couldn't get the pre5 branch to compile
> > > without going in and turning on the MORESECURE compiler flag.
> > > Otherwise, the unsigned int seqno on line 92 of net.c wasn't defined
> > > and it wouldn't compile.
> >
> > Ah thanks, I'll fix that.
>
> Fixed in CVS.

UPDATE:

  Well I recompiled after the update and turned off the MORESECURE flag.
  And it works!!!

  I can now ping back and forth from both machines without a problem.  I
  haven't started playing around with stressing it yet.  Once I finish that
  I will turn on the MORESECURE flag and report back.

  Guus,  thanks a lot for looking into this.

  Regards,

    Gerry

--
Gerard W. Patterson, B.Sc           |   Computalog Wireline Services
Software Engineering                |   Precision Drilling TSG, Inc.