tinc 1.0pre4 released

Eduard Bloch edi at gmx.de
Sun May 27 10:41:30 CEST 2001

#include <hallo.h>
Guus Sliepen wrote on Fri May 25, 2001 um 10:22:23PM:

Some notes:

- Ethertap is still available in 2.4.x., the option becomes visible (in
  "Network devices") if you enable "netlink" in "Networking options".

- Tun/Tap is not really compatible with Ethertap, is it? The last time I
  tried a was not able to get connection.

- Tun/Tap creates a network interface when a programm requests it from
  the driver, right? So we have no tap interface at boottime, and the
  iface must be configured after tinc is started, right? You could add
  an option like "post-exec", so "ifup tap0" is executed on success.
  Alternatively, distribution maintainers could provide this in their
  init scripts, but I would prefer the first option.

Gr{us,eeting}s,
Eduard.
--
If you can't view this e-mail, <a href="foo">click here.</a>