tinc 1.0pre4 released

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Fri May 25 22:22:23 CEST 2001

Hello everybody,

I have just released tinc 1.0pre4. Changes:

- New authentication protocol (better security, and faster too).
- TCPonly and IndirectData are back (but not fully tested).
- Documentation revised, it's really up to date with the released package now.
- tincd -K now stores public/private keys in PEM format, but keys of 1.0pre3
  can still be used.
- Faster and more secure encryption of tunneled packets.
- Stresstested to see if it handles large VPNs with more than 100 sites (it
  does).

Again, due to the large changes in the protocols this version does not work
together with older versions. However, you don't have to change the
configuration files this time.

Most of the things we wanted to include in 1.0 are done now, so this might very
well be the last prerelease.  The only things that have to be tested are the
TCPonly and IndirectData options and the FreeBSD and Solaris ports (any help
will be greatly appreciated).

Thanks,
the Tinc Development Team.

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>