creating /etc/tinc directories in make install

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.warande.net
Mon Jun 4 09:38:02 CEST 2001

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 05:11:56AM -0000, ok =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A0 ?= wrote:

> I am curious why don't you guys create /etc/tinc directory, set permissions,
> add /etc/rc.d scripts etc. from the Makefile(s) in the source distribution ?
> Doing a make install and not finding an example config in /etc/tinc is kind
> of frustrating. Am I missing something? Maybe there is a good reason for
> that?

There is an example config in the source distribution in doc/sample-config/.
Maybe it's a good idea to copy that when make installing... The reason that
there is no /etc/rc.d script is that those scripts (and even "/etc/rc.d")
differ from distribution to distribution. The source is distribution
independent and hence will not install such scripts.

> Also, why is it not finding evp.h when I try to do configure? Is creating
> /usr/include/openssl and copying all the include files there the only
> option? Even though I have openssl installed and have tried
> --with-openssl-include=/usr/local/openssl/include and so on,  the configure
> script in the 1.0pre4 just does not seem to get it.

Could you send us your config.log after trying this?

  Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.warande.net>