Problems with tinc configure with gmp 3.0.1

Ivo Timmermans irt at cistron.nl
Sun Oct 8 20:41:15 CEST 2000

> The problem is, tinc ./configure will not find gmp 3.0.1. I was asked for the
> relevent lines in config.log, so here they are below.

> configure:4281: checking for mpz_powm in -lgmp
> configure:4300: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lgmp   1>&5
> /tmp/ccfm1s1e.o: In function `main':
> /home/wangster/tinc-1.0pre2/configure:4296: undefined reference to `mpz_powm'

This should be __gmpz_powm.

For the record: the correct lines to add to configure are:
# Check for the GNU Multi Precision Library
libgmp=none
AC_CHECK_LIB(gmp, mpz_powm, [
  libgmp=gmp
  ])
  AC_CHECK_LIB(gmp2, mpz_powm, [
    libgmp=gmp2
    ])
    AC_CHECK_LIB(gmp3, __gmpz_powm, [
      libgmp=gmp3
      ])
      AC_CHECK_LIB(gmp, __gmpz_powm, [
        libgmp=gmp
	])

	if test $libgmp = none; then
	  AC_MSG_ERROR(libgmp is not installed. Please grab it from
	  your
	    nearest GNU mirror and install it (see README))
	    else
	      LIBS="$LIBS -l$libgmp"
	      fi

--