Problems starting up tincd with startupscript 1.0pre2-1.i386.rpm

Johan Laagland j.laagland at chello.nl
Sat Jul 8 11:37:03 CEST 2000

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a vpn using tinc, so I installed tinc with the rpm version on my firewall as a listener. Setting up the tap device is no problem. The file /etc/tinc/tinc.conf looks like:

    TapDevice = /dev/tap0
    MyVirtualIP = 192.168.2.1/24
    Vpnmask = 255.255.255.0

When I start the script /etc/rc.d/init.d/tinc start it says something about missing /etc/tinc/nets.boot file.
In your documentation there's nothing mentioned about this file. What's it for and how is it configured?

with kind regards,

Johan laagland.