Is that possible develop a python version of tinc?

Lance Fredrickson lancethepants at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 03:13:13 CET 2016

On 12/12/2016 9:46 AM, Cong Monkey wrote
> As title, is that possible to develop a python version of tinc, that
> will be interesting:)

I'll go out on a limb and say... yes. The unasked question I sense is,
"is anyone willing to port tinc to python".

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I'm happy that tinc is
written in C.  It means I can use it in barebones environments such as
embedded devices where running python is out of the question for reason
of size and/or speed. A python version would be interesting for sure,
and I'm sure people would do interesting things with it. The question is
whether anyone sees an unfilled need for such a port.

https://www.tinc-vpn.org/platforms/
As-is, it runs practically on any platform you could want, so I think it
would be difficult to find anyone interested in creating a python
version, outside perhaps of doing it for academic reasons.

Cheers,
Lance