VPN Single Daemon For LAN/WAN

md at rpzdesign.com md at rpzdesign.com
Thu Dec 18 01:55:38 CET 2014

Guus:

Ok, I gave it a real good try today to decipher the single daemon setup.

But there are just too many details, routing, firewalls, etc to get it
sorted out.

Plus, the setup is NOT OBVIOUS.

And there are risks of incorrect routing:

tinc -c /tinc/conf info 10.0.1.20

There might be multiple matches, like in your case with two identical
/24 Subnets, in that case again, the first match will be used.

So I will just stay with my already double VPN setup because it is
intuitive and obvious.

Local traffic on the local LAN VPN on a given range of IP (Routable also!)

Inter-Cluster traffic on the the intercluster WAN VPN.

Hope this does not let you down Guus!

Cheers,

md