MTU issues

dorian dorian33 at o2.pl
Tue Dec 10 19:13:49 CET 2013

Thanks a lot for info about MTU.

Anyway the answer creates next doubts concerned the nature of observed
problem.

For sure the problem is not a matter of MSS as http requests to the
"problematic" http servers opened new TCP sessions (I've seen full
triple TCP handshake starting with SYN packets)

It is also not a "general" GPRS transmission problem since other http
servers were available.

According tcpdump output  ICMP Fragmentation Needed packets are sent by
clients (with src addresses of the clients) rather than TINC itself (I
understand that in this case the src IP should the router's one).
Btw: TINC is sitting at gateway.

Down/up of the tunnel immediately removes the problem

Therefore I assumed that there was a matter of MTU.

But if MTU is dynamically adopted to the current connection state I have
no idea what to look for...

Any ideas?

Rgds,
Dorian