Followup on SCTP & improved compression

Michael Adams madams at ezrac.com
Tue Nov 10 23:01:34 CET 2009

Sorry for the delayed response: been a busy weekend. SCTP looks very
promising, and would make a hopefully stable mesh: I agree with your
assessment in that regard vs optimized UDP setups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCTP

As for my request for improved compression, the "zpipe" implementation
looks promising, as it is a high-level streaming compressor. I know most
of the developers appear to hail from Europe: a rather enlightened part
of the globe in terms of telecom infrastructure. Here in the US, we're
stuck with asymmetrical DSL and Cable services that are quite limited in
most locations: most of the locations I support with tinc are using 1.5
or 3 mbit down, 0.5 or 0.75 mbit up, DSL. The more bandwidth I can get
out of a line, the better.

http://www.mattmahoney.net/dc/zpipe100.zip

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The contents of this email do not necessarily represent the views or policies of E-Z Rent-A-Car or employees.