tinc on Fedora

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 12 10:55:27 CEST 2009

Mike Bentzen wrote:
> Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>> Yes, but we already *have* liblzo2 present.
>> So it is not to clear from the output exactly what lzo-part is missing.
>> When I unstall lzo-devel I also get lzo-minilzo.
>> It is about /usr/lib64/liblzo2.so.2 versus /usr/lib64/liblzo2.so.
>>
> liblzo2 is the actual library, whereas lzo-devel (liblzo2-dev) is the
> development library.

The libs are not named that way on Fedora.
It is about /usr/lib64/liblzo2.so.2 versus /usr/lib64/liblzo2.so, as I
wrote.
lzo gives me
/usr/lib64/liblzo2.so.2
/usr/lib64/liblzo2.so.2.0.0

and lzo-devel
/usr/lib64/liblzo2.so
/usr/lib64/libminilzo.so

> If you're compiling something, you need to make sure your system has the
> required dev libs.
> I am not familiar with Fedora's packaging system, so I'm not sure about
> lzo-minilzo, Sorry.

Well, the DAG spec file worked great. Just change the 1.0.8 into 1.0.9
and it builds.
I just need to add some rc.d files for starting/stopping the service. I
can hack something together, but if anybody has something that is working:
please post your rc.d scripts.

Kind regards,
Udo