Branches

Scott Lamb slamb at slamb.org
Sat Jan 28 00:21:06 CET 2006

I've got more changes on my to-do list, but I want to ensure I'm
making my changes against the right branch.

* I'm working with trunk now. I don't think its TCP tunneling is as
secure as the UDP tunneling. It looks like its IVs and HMACs are
added and verified in send_udppacket and receive_udppacket. The TCP
connection encrypts but doesn't have these anti-modification
features. (Right?)

* The 1.0-gnutls branch lets gnutls take care of encryption for the
TCP connection. I'm confident this is secure.

* The 2.0 branch appears to be all reorganized but not functional
yet. A couple recent changes.

* POKEY and pre4-cube are stagnant.

My guess is that the 1.0-gnutls branch is going to be merged into
trunk sometime soon? Will 2.0 be using gnutls?

Regards,
Scott

--
Scott Lamb <http://www.slamb.org/>