wishes

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Thu Jan 20 20:19:42 CET 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 06:24:33PM +0100, Florian Reitmeir wrote:

> - i have some nodes with a dynamic ip, how does tinc handle this? are there
> 	keep alive pings?

Yes it pings.

> - if i want to force a reconnect (for example if an ip changes), i tried
> 	kill -ALRM
> 	kill -HUP
> 	but there were no reconnects, yes the manpage tells it, but a reconnect
> 	would be nice.

Restarting the tinc daemon will reconnect :) You can also do this in
/etc/tinc/<netname>/:

mv hosts x;
tincd -n <netname> -kHUP;
mv x hosts;
tincd -n <netname> -kHUP;

But why do you want to reconnect if a connection is still working?

> - it is very important to me, that the interface does not go down.

In that case, you can create a persistent tun/tap interface with
"tunctl" from the User Mode Linux package or with OpenVPN.

> - when will tinc 2 released? :-)

When it is ready.

> - is there a bug-tracking system?

If you use Debian you can use reportbug to file bugs against the tinc
package, otherwise you'll have to do with this mailing list.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>