Patch for tunnelserver mode in protocol_subnet.c

Guus Sliepen guus at tinc-vpn.org
Wed Apr 13 15:44:25 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 03:25:05PM +0200, Thomas NOEL wrote:

> Another question about tunnelserver : I see a lot of lines like these :
>
>  	if(tunnelserver && owner != myself && owner != c->node)
>  		return false;
>
> But with a "return false" the meta-connection will be closed. Wouldn't
> it be better to answer "true" ? I.e. don't handle the request, but dont'
> close the connection ?

Tinc relies on the fact that every node in the VPN has the view of the
VPN, ie. they all know the same list of nodes, subnets and edges.
If some nodes have a different view, then the graph algorithms can't
guarantee correct routing anymore. So it is never good to ignore faulty
data from other nodes.

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>