tinc rel 1.0.1 gets aborted in OPENSSL call

Guus Sliepen guus at sliepen.eu.org
Fri Oct 10 15:55:48 CEST 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 02:49:26PM +0200, Johannes Lode wrote:

> Ths week I went to upgrade from 1.0pre7 to 1.0.1 and failed. The tincd
> process gets aborted inside the libcrypto library with  OPENSSL_assert
> (inl >0).
>
> Tracking down that problem I found, that the EVP_DecryptUpdate gets
> called in meta.c with the last argument containing a negativ value
> (lenin is -204).

That's very strange, because lenin is checked right before
EVP_DecryptUpdate is called, and if lenin <= 0, it closes the
connection.

> For now I went back to 1.0pre8, but it would be great, to see the new
> thing running.

It's also strange that 1.0pre8 is working without problems, because
almost nothing has been changed in meta.c...

> If you need more information, help or resources, please, mail me.

Could you make sure you have a tincd compiled with the -g option, and
get a core dump, and then send me the tincd binary and the coredump?
(But note that this will expose your private keys.)

    Guus Sliepen <guus at sliepen.eu.org>