tinc rel 1.0.1 gets aborted in OPENSSL call

Johannes Lode johannes.lode at gmx.net
Fri Oct 10 14:49:26 CEST 2003

Hallo,

I´m using tincd now since the old days of 1.0pre4 and ist pretty good
software.

Ths week I went to upgrade from 1.0pre7 to 1.0.1 and failed. The tincd
process gets aborted inside the libcrypto library with  OPENSSL_assert
(inl >0).

Tracking down that problem I found, that the EVP_DecryptUpdate gets
called in meta.c with the last argument containing a negativ value
(lenin is -204).

The process sits in my server and waits for incoming connections. In the
middle of the first connection handshaking (via a TCP connection), the
server hosted process gets aborted. The remote end sees a timeout.

For now I went back to 1.0pre8, but it would be great, to see the new
thing running.

If you need more information, help or resources, please, mail me.

Best regards

Johannes Lode

TINC development list, tinc-devel at nl.linux.org
Archive: http://mail.nl.linux.org/tinc-devel/