write_n and stuff

Ivo Timmermans zarq at zebra.icicle.yi.org
Wed May 3 17:44:03 CEST 2000

Mads Kiilerich wrote:
> Right now at this moment we have reached a level where I have
> no further patches! :-)

great! :)
Guus is now doing a last protocol change, after that is tested, I'm
going to make 1.0pre1 official, including an rpm (deb will have to
wait due to some difficulties).

> I don't think a configuration program will be needed. VPN is not
> for "windows-users". Some knowledge about networks, routing, ip
> etc _is_ needed. The potential users are people who know what it
> is all about and just need to know how to explain that to tinc.
> So I think that a simple almost-working package-installation and
> good documentation is the best setup-tool.

If people read it:)

You'd be amazed how many newbie-networking questions I have gotten so
far.  Even things that are in the manual.

--
Ivo Timmermans

Deja moo: the feeling you've heard this bullshit before.