Examples request - tinc witn tun/utun mode=router

Graeme Tattersall wildph at wildph.net
Thu Nov 12 18:26:28 CET 2020

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have a set of config files handy, using tinc in routed/tun
mode (preferably DeviceType=utun)

I'm particularly interested to see what the tinc-up and tinc-down files
should look like when the vpn is not using tap mode.

I have this, from my tap (switch mode tinc) , but it doesn't work for
tun devices.

   ifconfig $INTERFACE inet 10.10.101.2/24 up

If I run my tincd in osx in debug mode, the vpn startup fails:

/dev/tun0 is a OS X utun device
ifconfig: ioctl (SIOCAIFADDR): Destination address required
Script tinc-up exited with non-zero status 1

GT