High tinc traffic on ethernet without tinc load

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Fri Mar 20 21:09:18 CET 2020

Hello Maximilian,

Am Fri, 20 Mar 2020 19:43:35 +0100
schrieb Maximilian Stein <m at steiny.biz>:

> My current mitigation is to stop some tinc peers for ten seconds and to
> start them again afterwards, that usually causes the excessive traffic
> to stop without interrupting service too much.

I am guessing now: the rise of traffic on the ethernet link is caused by
packets being exchanged between the tinc processes (e.g. port 655)?
I think, you did not mention this explicitly, but the effect of a tinc restart
points in this direction. This information is quite relevant for the further
discussion, I guess.

Cheers,
Lars