High tinc traffic on ethernet without tinc load

Lars Kruse lists at sumpfralle.de
Fri Mar 20 15:43:13 CET 2020

Hallo Maximilian,

Am Thu, 19 Mar 2020 16:31:57 +0100
schrieb Maximilian Stein <m at steiny.biz>:

> There I learned the basic patterns of these situations (communication with
> many peers on ethernet but nearly nothing on the virtual tinc link).

Did you really try the nice visualizations in the "Statistics" menu?
These should allow you to see, which protocols and which peers cause the
traffic.

I am slightly confused, that you already took a look at the traffic, but you did
not mention, which type of traffic makes up the bulk of the excessive packets
you encountered. You mentioned "a few SSDP packages", but nothing else.

Or did I just overlook it in your emails?

Happy traffic hunting!

Lars