Can Ping But No Web Interface

Naemr . naemrr at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 01:27:10 CET 2019

Try removing all MTU related settings from both sides. Allow tinc to learn
on its own.

" PMTU = 1436
ClampMSS = yes
PMTUDiscovery = yes"

in the config, " Address Family = ipv4" is likely not necessary, i would
recommend removing it.

" Device = /dev/net/tun" should not be used, unless tinc is having issues
locating the tun device.
however
" DeviceType = tun"
should be added, especialy as you have not declared an interface in the
config
eg: "Interface = tun6"

Also Subnet = 192.168.0.10
Is incomplete

Subnet = 192.168.0.10/32

Same for the .15 host

A working setup of mine:
tinc.conf;
Name = ov1thaboxnet
port = 655
Interface = tun6
DeviceType = tun
ConnectTo = ov2thaboxnet
Compression = 10

ov1thaboxnet host file;
Address = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 655
Subnet = 192.168.66.1/32

tinc.conf;
Name = ov2thaboxnet
port = 655
Interface = tun6
DeviceType = tun
Compression = 10

ov2thaboxnet host file;
Address = 107.161.30.244 655
Address = 107.161.30.244 443
Subnet = 192.168.66.2/32
Subnet = 10.111.42.0/24

IP forwarding must be enabled as well

sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

As it appears the tinc boxes are not the gateway machines for ether lan you
may also need to nat lan traffic

iptables -A FORWARD -i  $INTERFACE -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o  eth0 -j MASQUERADE

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019, 3:46 PM Aaron Savage <radiosavagelists at gmail.com